The Western Balkans Alumni Association (WBAA) is a regional association of alumni from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo * and Serbia who have spent part of their studies, traineeship or voluntary activities in one of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries, either as an EU or non-EU country scholar or as a self-funded individual.
Officially launched in March 2018, WBAA was born from the EU’s Western Balkans Platform on Education and Training in 2014, where the Ministers of Education of the 6 Western Balkan countries agreed on the need to establish a regional network of alumni. Since its inception, WBAA has come a long way! Today, the association brings together all the relevant actors in the Western Balkans to make sure that the young people’s voices in the region are heard loud and clear.
Find out more at: http://ec.europa.eu/education/
WBAA’s Objectives :
- Establishing a strong union of alumni from the Western Balkans
- Promoting mobility opportunities in Europe and beyond
- Sharing experience by supporting and mentoring students
- Increasing employability through the exchange of best practice, experience and contacts
- Empowering and inspiring young people to achieve their goals
- Contributing to the modernisation of higher education systems back home
- Liaising with other alumni associations in the EU and beyond
Which countries are concerned? WBAA covers the six Western Balkan countries, namely Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Want to be part of the adventure? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org