The Western Balkans Alumni Association (WBAA) is a regional association of alumni from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo * and Serbia, who pursued international learning mobility in an Erasmus+ Programme Country.
Officially launched in March 2018, WBAA was born from the EU’s Western Balkans Platform on Education and Training in 2014, where the Ministers of Education of the 6 Western Balkan countries agreed on the need to establish a regional network of alumni. Since its inception, WBAA has come a long way!
WBAA organised its 1st General Assembly in March 2019 in Tirana, Albania for all WBAA members, in March 2021 the second General Assembly took place. Since 2020 WBAA supports its members to implement WBAA Projects.
Today, the association brings together many relevant actors in the Western Balkans to make sure that the young people’s voices in the region are heard loud and clear. During sessions and various formats organised by WBAA members for WBAA members on a regular basis, experts from different departments, professional fields and regions are invited to provide important information about mobility programmes, professional trainings, organisational structures etc.
Find out more at: http://ec.europa.eu/education/
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
WBAA’s Objectives :
- Establishing a strong union of alumni from the Western Balkans
- Promoting mobility opportunities in Europe and beyond
- Sharing experience by supporting and mentoring students
- Increasing employability through the exchange of best practice, experience and contacts
- Empowering and inspiring young people to achieve their goals
- Contributing to the modernisation of higher education systems back home
- Liaising with other alumni associations in the EU and beyond
Here you find more details about WBAA aims and goals.
Here you can read the official WBAA Statutes and Rules and Regulations, which are updated annually:
Which countries are concerned? WBAA covers the six Western Balkan countries, namely Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Want to be part of the adventure? Write us at email@example.com