How to get involved?
If you are an alumna or alumnus from the Western Balkans who has spent part of your studies in the EU member states or third countries associated to the Erasmus+ Programme, either as an EU scholar or EU country scholar, or as a self-funded individual, you can sign up here.
As a WBAA volunteer you can get involved in the following activities:
- There are four WBAA Teams with different focuses
- You can submit a WBAA Project
- Activities in your National Chapter
Join us, become a member
Eligibility criteria for membership
These are the eligibility criteria to join WBAA:
- Citizenship of one of the WB6 (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia)
- International learning mobility experience in one of the Erasmus+ programme countries
- A member of WBAA can be an individual who fulfils all the following criteria:
1. is a citizen (student, staff, alumni), of a Western Balkan (WB6) country and
2. who a) has been granted to, or b) who has already pursued an academic international learning or staff mobility, or a learning or staff mobility within WB6, and
3. the mobility was funded by the Erasmus+ programme
You will have to register with your email address.
If your email address is already in our system you will receive an email with the log-in data for the Online Community.
- If your email is NOT registered in our community, you need to follow.
You will be redirected to the next page. Please fill in requested information.
- You will need to legitimate yourself. Please upload a proof for your mobility, such as an invitation letter from the university abroad, learning agreement or scholarship letter.
- Afterwards you will receive a confirmation email, if your application is accepted, and you can start filling in your profile and become part of the WBAA Online Community.
Advantages of being a WBAA member
WBAA gives you the opportunity to become part of a strong alumni network in order to advocate for modernisation and improvement of the quality of higher education in the Western Balkan region. As a member of WBAA you can take part in a variety of programs, projects, trainings, workshops, panel discussions and other activities focused on raising awareness of the Western Balkan students’ and alumni needs.
Are you ready to make your international experience count back home?
Then join WBAA and:
- become a member of the first and only regional alumni association in the Western Balkans
- receive and pass on information about global mobility
- stay informed about new international job opportunities
- meet potential business partners and establish professional contacts from different countries
- build your skills: technical, soft, communication or intercultural
- take part in different workshops
- share your ideas and experiences regarding international education with like-minded young people as a mentor or mentee
- be part of a vibrant network of highly-educated young students and professionals help transform higher education in your country.
Through the WBAA Online Community you can keep in touch with like-minded people who have also taken part in an exchange programme in one of the ERASMUS+ programme countries. Stay connected with other alumni, find interesting events, raise your hand in voting sessions, join different groups or search for special members to share common ideas and interests.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
Below you will find a collection of video testimonials from the Western Balkans Alumni Association (WBAA) members who are sharing their stories and experiences within WBAA.
This series of videos is available on our official YouTube channel!
We invite you to watch these videos to learn more about the unique benefits of being a part of WBAA and to get a better understanding of how our organisation has helped our members to achieve their goals and enrich their ambitions.