Higher education reform & Equal access to Higher education
The aims of this WBAA team are:
- to align higher education systems in the WB6
- explore the status quo and opportunities for different reform initiatives, e.g. adapting the curriculum to labour market requirements
- lobby for the alignment of higher education systems in the WB6 with EU standards and the strategic frameworks of the EU, the UN and the Council of Europe and finally to advocate for closer cooperation between higher education institutions in the Western Balkans.
Furthermore, the focus is on:
- Student rights in WB6: benefits, duties, tasks and responsibilities of students in the region; mapping needs and addressing specific issues through advocacy and publicity campaigns; engaging WBAA members, e.g., making awareness raising videos; advocating for the rights of students who seek a balance between education and work.
- Social inclusion in higher education: focusing on educational equity, equal opportunities for and inclusion of marginalised groups and rights of underprivileged groups in terms of their access to quality education; promotion of the successful social inclusion component of the Erasmus+ Programme.
If you would like to become a member of this team, please log into the WBAA Online Community and submit a join request to the following group here.