Call for applications for Regional Board members for Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo* and North Macedonia
To all members from the WBAA chapters Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo* and North Macedonia:
- You want to work for improvements in the area of higher education in your region?
- You want to be active in a regional network and thus contribute to understanding within WB6?
- You want to be part of a dedicated team of 12 National Representatives?
- You want to make contacts within WBAA and with stakeholders in the region that will be helpful for your future career?
Then apply for one of the four open positions for the WBAA Board!
As the mandates of 4 Regional Board members will end in June 2022, we are looking for new Regional Board members for Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo* and North Macedonia.
If you are a member of one of these chapters and have been registered in the WBAA online community for at least 6 months, this is your opportunity to take up an important position in WBAA. To run for the position, candidates must submit their application by 4 May, 12pm CEST via the following online form: https://forms.gle/BHWrbEuRRT2HGYSw9
The promotion of the candidates will start on 6 May and the elections are scheduled for 16 – 23 May 2022. The handover from the old to the new Board members will then begin and will be completed by the end of June.
The Regional Board is the decision-making and management body of WBAA. It consists of twelve members – two representatives from each of the six WBAA chapters. Information on the current WBAA Regional Board can be found here.
Engagement in the Regional Board is on voluntary basis, and it shall be based on democratic principle such as the rule of the majority. Members of the Regional Board must meet at least once in two months for an online meeting and at least three times a year in person.
According to the WBAA Statute, the Regional Board has a mandate to:
- Represent the WBAA in public and during events;
- Manage strategic and other relevant activities of WBAA between two General Assembly Meetings;
- Ensure logistical support for strategic, operational and financial plans of WBAA;
- Conclude and terminate agreements on collaboration with external partners of WBAA;
- Present a report on the national/regional activities at every meeting of the Board;
- Convene the General Assembly Meeting;
- Prepare and present the following documents at the GA meeting: Internal regulations required for the functioning of WBAA, The Annual Working Plan of WBAA, The Annual Working Report of WBAA;
- Mandate WBAA-TEAMS and delegate special tasks to them;
- Appoint a rapporteur out of the regional board for every WBAA-TEAM;
- Decide on which WBAA-TEAMS or which tasks should be specifically supported;
- Execute other tasks as defined in this Statute or by the General Assembly.
The Regional Board members are elected for a period of two years by a vote in the respective National Chapter. Voting will take place on the WBAA Online Community platform. Any member of the respective National Chapter who is registered on the WBAA Online Community platform for at least 6 months is automatically eligible to vote for the position in the Regional Board.
We look forward to receiving your applications and if you have any questions, please contact the WBAA Board:
Laura Jarmatz on behalf of the Service Provider
Germany, Cologne, 20 April 2022
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
Election results: Vice Head for Advocacy of the WBAA Team Higher Education
From 15 to 21 November, the election of the Vice Head for Advocacy for the WB [...]
Open call for participants: General Assembly 19 March 2023
We are pleased to inform you that preparations for the next General Assembly [...]
Candidates for Vice Head for Advocacy of the WBAA Team Higher Education
The call for applications for the open leadership position of the WBAA Teams [...]