Call for applications for Regional Board members for Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia
As the mandates of 7 Regional Board members will end in autumn 2021, we are now looking for new Regional Board members for Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia.
If you are a member of one of these chapters and have been registered in the WBAA online community for at least 6 months, this is your opportunity to take up an important position within WBAA. To run for the position, candidates must submit their application by 29 September 12 noon (CEST) via the following online form: https://forms.gle/emReYTqu8XTVJHus8
There will be a Q&A session with the current Regional Board members on 22 September at 6pm CEST.
If you are interested in applying but would like to know more about the work, duties and expectations of a Board member, you can register for the Q&A session via this link: https://forms.gle/bkweE9VmaJBx4cg46
The promotion of the candidates will take place in the first week of October and the election is scheduled for the second week of October. The handover from the old to the new Board members will then start and will be completed by end of November.
Members of the Regional Board must meet at least once every two months for an online meeting and at least three times a year in person. The first Board meeting with the newly elected members is already scheduled for 26-28 November 2021.
The Regional Board is the decision-making and management body of WBAA. It consists of twelve members – two representatives from each of the six WBAA countries. Information on the current WBAA Regional Board can be found here.
Engagement in the Regional Board is on voluntary basis, and it shall be based on democratic principles such as the rule of the majority.
According to the WBAA Statute, the Regional Board has a mandate to:
- Represent WBAA in public and during events;
- Manage strategic and other relevant activities of WBAA between two General Assembly Meetings;
- Ensure logistical support for strategic, operational and financial plans of WBAA;
- Conclude and terminate agreements on collaboration with external partners of WBAA;
- Present a report on the national/regional activities at every meeting of the Board;
- Convene the General Assembly Meeting;
- Prepare and present the following documents at the GA meeting: Internal regulations required for the functioning of WBAA; The Annual Working Plan of WBAA; The Annual Working Report of WBAA;
- Mandate WBAA TEAMS and delegate special tasks to them;
- Appoint a rapporteur out of the Regional Board for every WBAA TEAM;
- Decide on which WBAA TEAMS or which tasks should be specifically supported;
- Execute other tasks as defined in this Statute or by the General Assembly.
The Regional Board members are elected for a period of two years by a vote in the respective National Chapter. Voting will take place in the WBAA online community. Any member of the respective National Chapter who is registered in the WBAA online community for at least 6 months is automatically eligible to vote for the position in the Regional Board.
At the next General Assembly meeting, the General Assembly confirms the decision of the National Chapter and validates the mandate of the Regional Board member for a period of two years. Members of the Regional Board can be elected for the position at most two times.
We would like to thank the outgoing Regional Board members Olga Arsić, Arber Hajrizaj, Anđela Mićanović, Sabahudin Mujkić, Sanja Stefanova, Marina Tomovic and Bojana Zimonjić for their dedication to the WBAA network.
We look forward to receiving your applications and if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Germany, Cologne, 02.09.2021
Laura Jarmatz on behalf of the Service Provider
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
Mentorship by WBAA activists and Problem solving and decision making training
The event took place in Pančevo, Serbia between 26th and 29th May, and gathe [...]
WBAA Board meeting in Tivat, Montenegro
From 4th until 5th June 2022, a WBAA Board meeting was held in Tivat, Montene [...]
WBAA Training – How to Become a Digital Marketer
The project How to Become a Digital Marketer was successfull [...]