The starting point for the project is a needs assessment by experts on the problems of the Albanian rural area, or the lack of quality employments for women and their difficulties in accessing education. For this reason, a team of experts has written a project, financed by Western Balkans Alumni Association (WBAA) to empower young women and give them the opportunity to become entrepreneurs. They live in Manze (Albania), where 40% of women are unemployed and this is crucial to their economic independence and creates many genders unbalanced situations. We strongly think that sensibilization and awareness for innovative businesses and entrepreneurship are key to competitiveness and promotion of youth ideas. The objective of the project is to increase the entrepreneurial skillset among owners of new or existing little businesses, who want to expand their business, in order to increase their potential competitiveness in the local market. The target group for this project is young women who have an entrepreneurs' idea and want to implement it.
Project implementation and outcomes
The project starts from a needs analysis of experts on problems of Albanian rural area, of lack of quality employment for women and their difficulties to access to education.
For this reason, the objectives are:
- Reaching more interest of young women in creating a start-up
- Involving farm managers in an international environment
- Raising citizens' awareness on gender equality
We reached these objectives through:
- Professional experience on rural development and gender problems of FGIA
- ltalian expert on entrepreneurship (Claudia Lanteri)
- A European network of young entrepreneurs
The objective of the project is to increase the entrepreneurial skillset among owners of new or existing little businesses, who want to expand their business, to increase their potential competitiveness in the local market. The target group for this project is young women who have an entrepreneurs' idea and want to implement it. We have decided to concentrate our attention on agricultural sector of the area named Manze located in Durres, Albania because it employs more than 54 % of all economically active women, 83 % of whom work as informal or family workers.
The results achieved in detail:
- 30 Young women interested in creating a start-up
- 3 new start-ups created at the end of the project
- A European network of young mangers
- 100 Citizens with more awareness on the positive impact the gender equality
The results were reached in detail through:
- 7 day of training course (TC) to 30 potential new women entrepreneurs
- 4 months of mentoring to the 30 participants
- A platform with tutorials in Alboanian and English language with links and info on EU sources for young entrepreneurs
- ½ day workshop for 100 people on the role of women in rural economy
During the workshops and training sessions we orgonized, we generated nine business ideas by the girls and women of the area Manze. Our experts researched about the Market, needs, initial costs for each business idea and monitored in the end three best business ideas to be implemented like start-ups. We searched for organizations and local institutions to support us for further development of the three best business ideas. This project helped the women and girls to understand more their needs, their possibilities in the orea to create businesses and gain their own money.
Here you can find us on social media:
We created The Project Website "Green Women Empowerment , a bridge between cultures",
Our Facebook Page "Green Women empowerment",
To learn more about data on gender differences click here! This article offers a lot of achievable solutions on this problem and is definetely worth reading.
We collaborated with these Partners: Agriculture University of Tirana, Unit Administrative of Manze, Durres, Municipality of Durres, Albanian sustainable development Institute, Shkolla 9 vjecare Manze.
Vjoela Allkanjari, project coordinator
Edited by Service Provider