The AU-EU Innovation Agenda has been fully adopted, thanks to the approval on July 19th by the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat, which followed the endorsement by AU Ministers of the Bureau of STC-EST-4 and the endorsement on the EU side by the AGRIFISH Council of May 30th.
A package of communication and action items to mark the adoption of the AU-EU Innovation Agenda support its implementation:
- News alert: https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/news/all-research-and-innovation-news/new-eu-africa-innovation-agenda-enhance-cooperation-science-technology-and-innovation-2023-07-20_en
- Daily news item, in French: Daily News 20 / 07 / 2023 (europa.eu)
- Final version of the AU-EU Innovation Agenda: ec_rtd_au-eu-innovation-agenda-final-version.pdf (europa.eu)
- Roadmap Document of the AU-EU Innovation Agenda: ec_rtd_au-eu-innovation-agenda-roadmap.pdf (europa.eu)
- An updated Factsheet on the AU-EU Cooperation in R&I and the AU-EU innovation Agenda: AU-EU innovation Agenda
- A Factsheet on Horizon Europe’s “Africa Initiative II”: Africa Initiative II
- A tweet from European Commission, DG Research and Innovation (@EUScienceInnov) account:https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov/status/1681977143125745664
- Updated website on the AU-EU Cooperation in R&I:
- A new AU-EU Innovation Interface, part of the EU Innovation Talent Platform. The AU-EU Innovation Interface will bring information on initiatives, resources and opportunities addressed to innovators, entrepreneurs, researchers and investors, generated as part of the implementation of the joint AU-EU Innovation Agenda. By doing so, the Interface aims to connect R&I Stakeholders and ecosystems at the interface between Africa and Europe and therefore bring value to the impact of the Innovation Agenda. We will rely on this platform also to advertise the biannual virtual workshops that will take place in continuity with Cape Town’s AU-EU Innovation Festival, starting from the second half of November 2023. This interface will be updated and expanded as we move forward with the implementation of the Agenda: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/euraxess/innovation-talent-platform/au-eu-interface
The European Commission has also published the report of the AU-EU Innovation Agenda Stakeholder Event.
edited by the Service Provider
Cologne, 3rd of August 2023