- On Saturday, 18th of November, the Board held its first in-person meeting after this July’s online extraordinary General Assembly. This year’s last regular Board meeting was held in Sarajevo, and it was attended by 10 Board members. Additionally, this was a great opportunity to meet our newly elected Board members in person and to wish them a successful tenure.
- The Board members had a discussion on the Annual Plan for 2024, during which we established new task forces and confirmed our commitment to the specific plans yet to be executed. Primarily, we have established a task force for the formalization and restructuring of the teams – tasks undertaken from July’s General Assembly. Importantly, the Board agreed to move forward with new changes to the Statute and IRR – WBAA’s most important documents. Updating these two documents is something WBAA is constantly aiming for.
- Moreover, the new Board members familiarized themselves with the decision-making process of the Board. We have unanimously agreed and settled on dates and countries where the upcoming Board meetings and General Assembly will be held.
- EACEA’s representatives Helene Banegas, Frederica Nestola, Antoaneta Irikova, and Savino Rua joined the session online. They presented the close links between the Western Balkans and the European Union and emphasized that education is one of the areas where the two sides can strengthen relations.
- The Board members expressed their satisfaction with the new website’s design – a project undertaken by our previous Board members. To cap off the day, we enjoyed a delightful networking dinner on the evening of November 18th, where discussions flowed freely on a myriad of topics with friends of WBAA.
The following day, 19th of November, the Board had a treasure hunt team-building activity in the city centre of Sarajevo, during and after which we had a chance to learn more about Bosnia and Herzegovina’s vibrant capital city.
Budapest, Hungary, 27th of November 2023