Open call for team leadership positions for new WBAA teams
As you know, the WBAA teams are in the process of restructuring, which was decided at the last General Assembly under the name WBAA 2.0. The 5 old teams (Academic & Career Development, Communication & IT, Projects, Internal Affairs, Research) will be abolished and replaced by the following teams:
- Quality mobility / student exchange within higher education
- Higher Education Reform & Equal access to higher education
- Transition from higher education to labour market and professional life
- Research (This team existed before, but it is also being restructured internally)
Last August there was a call for members for the new teams and on 7 October a kick-off meeting took place. Since 11 November, team members could apply for the team leadership positions and today would have been the extended deadline. As only for the Research team and for the position of Head of Team for ‘Quality mobility / student exchange within higher education’ sufficient applications were received, it was decided to extend the call and open it to all WBAA members.
Therefore, this is your chance to take up an important position within the network. We are looking for leadership positions for the following teams:
- Quality mobility / student exchange within higher education (Vice-Head for advocacy and Vice-Head for communication)
- Higher Education Reform & Equal access to higher education (Head of the team, Vice-Head for advocacy, Vice-Head for communication)
- Transition from higher education to labour market and professional life (Head of the team, Vice-Head for advocacy, Vice-Head for communication)
How do you apply?
All WBAA members have received the link to the application form via newsletter and all information is available in the WBAA community! Deadline to apply is 6 December, 12pm CET.
Overview of tasks and responsibilities:
Head of the team:
- Overall coordination of the team;
- Cooperate with the Board for communication and reporting purposes;
- Membership management;
- Chairing of the meetings.
Vice-Head for advocacy:
- To react (through initiatives towards governments or state institutions, press releases, emails to members to encourage joint actions) on everyday challenges and novelties (e.g. new draft laws, new policies, etc.) in the domain of their team and thus promote WBAA as an active participant in public affairs of WB6;
- To communicate with other Vice-Heads for Advocacy from other teams.
Vice-Head for communication:
- To seek and disseminate relevant information through WBAA social networks;
- To contribute to WBAA newsletter, as well as promotion of teams’ activities;
- To contribute to communicating and promoting team advocacy initiatives;
- To communicate with other Vice-Heads for Communication from other teams.
The duration of the mandate of the Heads and Vice-Heads is one year with the possibility of renewal. The team leadership will organise a meeting with the team members at least every two months, the team leadership will meet once per month.
Each position in the team leadership will be linked to the corresponding position of the other WBAA teams through their community. This means that there will be three communities: Heads of teams community, Advocacy community, Communication community. The communities meet once a month or more frequently if needed.
Further information on the organisational structure and the portfolio of the teams can be found here and in in the WBAA online community. It is planned that the promotion of the candidates will run from 8-16 December and the elections will then take place from 17-20 December.
Please note that the voting will take place in the WBAA online community. If you have not yet done so, please register in the online community: https://community.western-balkans-alumni.eu/
There is a group for each team that you should join if you want to become a member of the team and cast your vote in the election. Please go to the ‘Group’ section in the online community and make a join request for the respective group. You can take part in up to two WBAA teams.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com via E-mail.
We look forward to your applications and to reactivating the WBAA teams.
Your WBAA team
3rd Call for WBAA Project Ideas 2022: Selected Projects
After the evaluation process of the project ideas for the 3rd WBAA [...]
WBAA Report on the first four years
A report on the “history” of WBAA and its objective, structure and activi [...]
WBAA as Positive Deviance – academic paper
We are proud to announce the publication of a new book cha [...]