Higher education reform & Equal access to Higher education
The aims of this WBAA team are:
- to align higher education systems in the WB6
- explore the status quo and opportunities for different reform initiatives, e.g. adapting the curriculum to labour market requirements
- lobby for the alignment of higher education systems in the WB6 with EU standards and the strategic frameworks of the EU, the UN and the Council of Europe and finally to advocate for closer cooperation between higher education institutions in the Western Balkans.
Furthermore, the focus is on:
- Student rights in WB6: benefits, duties, tasks and responsibilities of students in the region; mapping needs and addressing specific issues through advocacy and publicity campaigns; engaging WBAA members, e.g., making awareness raising videos; advocating for the rights of students who seek a balance between education and work.
- Social inclusion in higher education: focusing on educational equity, equal opportunities for and inclusion of marginalised groups and rights of underprivileged groups in terms of their access to quality education; promotion of the successful social inclusion component of the Erasmus+ Programme.
If you would like to become a member of this team, please log into the WBAA Online Community and submit a join request to the following group: https://community.western-balkans-alumni.eu/page/view-group-profile?id=69
Head of TeamEmail
Hatidza Jahic, PhD works as assistant professor at the Department of Economic Theory and Policy, School of Economics and Business, University of Saraj... more_vert
Hatidza Jahic, PhD works as assistant professor at the Department of Economic Theory and Policy, School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo (SEBS). She currently teaches following courses: International Economics and Business, Development Economics and Regional Development and European Union.
During her studies, Hatidza has been awarded with scholarship grants such as Erasmus, British Scholarship Trust and Fulbright for the academic year 2016/2017 at the University of Arkansas (Department of Economics and Department of Educational Reform). She has attended numerous seminars and trainings in the field of development economics, education and European integrations. She has completed her PhD studies at Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb in the field of Economics of Education.
Additionally she is certified in evaluation practice by the Evaluators' Institute from Claremont Graduate University with extensive experience in various domestic and international project that are focused on education, education reform, educational strategy and education and labor market mismatch in Bosnia and Herzegovina. She is currently Head of International Office at School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo (SEBS). She has held this position within the WBAA Teams since January 2022.
Vice Head for CommunicationEmail
Nikolina Adžić completed her bachelor's studies in pedagogy and andragogy at the University of Montenegro. As a CEEPUS scholarship holder, she studi... more_vert
Nikolina Adžić completed her bachelor's studies in pedagogy and andragogy at the University of Montenegro. As a CEEPUS scholarship holder, she studied at the University of Maribor and the University of Ljubljana. She is currently attending the second year of the Master's degree in Inclusive Education (research in the field of autism). Since 2019, she is a representative in the Student Council of the Faculty of Philosophy of Montenegro. She improved her professional work as a representative of the Montenegrin Association of Pedagogues through many educations and other engagements. In addition to her studies, she has been researching and educating herself in the field of Montessori pedagogy for five years, and has recently become a certified Montessori educator for children with typical development and for children with disabilities.
For the past few years, she has been actively engaged in youth activism and youth politics and she is one of the founders of the Non-governmental organization, The Association for Social and Behavioral Studies, which aims to engage in scientific research in the field of social science, education and promotion of youth cooperation. She was a representative of the expert team of the Youth Lab for Montenegro, organised by the Regional Cooperation Council. For three years she was the coordinator at the Youth Center in Podgorica where she worked with young people aged 15 to 30. Through that experience, she participated in and coordinated many events of an international character. As a member of OMSA (Organization of Montenegrins studying abroad), she helped high school and university students from Montenegro when it comes to studying abroad, through many seminars and conferences where they were informed and easily selected faculties.
She improved her work and cultural experience by working for six months in the pavilion of Montenegro, at Expo 2020 Dubai, a project of the Government of Montenegro implemented by the Ministry of Economic Development and Tourism of Montenegro. She has held this position within the WBAA Teams since June 2022.