We are looking for a new Head for the Higher Education Team
As the Head of the WBAA Team ‘Higher Education Reform & Equal access to higher education‘ Hatidza Jahic unfortunately has to resign from her position, we are looking for a successor.
If you are a member of the Higher Education Team, this is your chance to take up an important position and to contribute to the successful development of the WBAA Teams.
You can find the application form for this position in the Online Community. The deadline for applications has been extended, the new deadline is is 10 January 2023 at 12 noon CET.
The main tasks of the Head are:
- overall coordination of the team
- liaise with the Board
- participating in the Heads of teams Community
- membership management
- chairing of the team meetings
- organising online meetings and votes on any decision making
- proposing the Team’s annual plan to the Regional Board
- providing clear and regular communication and information dissemination between the Team and the Regional Board and other WBAA bodies etc.
The duration of the mandate is two years with the possibility of renewal. The team leadership will organise a meeting with the team members at least every two months, the team leadership will meet once per month.
The aims of the WBAA Team Higher Education Reform & Equal access to higher education are:
- to align higher education systems in the WB6
- to explore the status quo and opportunities for different reform initiatives, e.g., adapting the curriculum to labour market requirements
- to lobby for the alignment of higher education systems in the WB6 with EU standards and the strategic frameworks of the EU, the UN, and the Council of
- Europe and finally to advocate for closer cooperation between higher education institutions in the Western Balkans.
Furthermore, the focus is on:
- Student rights in WB6: benefits, duties, tasks and responsibilities of students in the region; mapping needs and addressing specific issues through advocacy and publicity campaigns; engaging WBAA members, e.g., making awareness raising videos; advocating for the rights of students who seek a balance between education and work.
- Social inclusion in higher education: focusing on educational equity, equal opportunities for and inclusion of marginalised groups and rights of underprivileged groups in terms of their access to quality education; promotion of the successful social inclusion component of the Erasmus+ Programme.
It is planned that the promotion of the candidates will run from 12-18 January and the elections will then take place from 19-25 January.
Please note that the voting will take place in the Online Community. There is a group for the Higher Education Team that you should join if you want to become a member of the team and cast your vote in the election. Please log into the Online Community and submit a join request to the following group here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!
Your WBAA team
Tie-Breaking Election for Head WBAA Team Higher Education
After the first round of elections for the new head of the WBAA Team ‘H [...]
WBAA Bridge – The Book
WBAA<>BRIDGE project builds bridges of disciplines, co [...]
WBAA Tracer Study
After more than three years and huge efforts, dedication and collaboration by [...]